Ahhh…we're back from a much-needed vacation. Here are a few short lessons I learned on the road!
- Get off the main drag and explore!
- Try something new, every day, every opportunity.
- If your intuition tells you to get out of a motel room, do so, even if it means checking out early.
- Stay in the moment! Brilliant fall color surrounded us throughout the trip.
- Search for cool, out of the way places, We had the best espresso ever (ever) in a backroads general store/coffee shop in Michigan. Great little book selection, too.
- Smile a lot. Enjoy being a tourist.
- Watch the sunrise, especially if you have a Really Big Lake to view the eastern horizon.
- Relax. It makes it easier to come back and jump into the fray.