Since a major plumbing disaster can be extremely pricey and inconvenient, avoiding them in the first place is certainly preferable. Here’s how to inspect your plumbing pipes properly!
Your home’s drainage system includes three basic types of piping: drain lines, vent lines, and water supply lines. Drain lines carry used water from sinks, toilets, or bathtubs to the main sewer or septic system. Vent lines release air pressure in drain lines, help keep them free of unwanted odors and ensure that they don’t back up into drains. Water supply lines are responsible for carrying fresh water from the home’s water meter to plumbing fixtures.
Why You Should Hire A Plumbing Specialist
1. It will save you a lot of time
2. You’ll get a detailed report instead of a set of raw data
3. A professional can give an objective opinion on the plumbing system in your house
4. An inspector’s only responsibility is to inspect your home’s Plumbing system, not fix it
5. Your inspector will give you a written report that you can keep for years
6. *** Some cities require Plumbing system inspection reports before sale/purchase of a home
7. The inspector will let you know if anything is wrong with the plumbing in your house, and recommend plumbers who can help to fix it (recommending friends or acquaintances is considered unprofessional).
8. The inspector will also know what parts should be replaced soon and may recommend you to use his contacts for the same price as regular contractors or lower (recommending friends or acquaintances is considered unprofessional).
9. Not hiring a professional can result in critical problems with your home’s Plumbing system that you won’t be able to see because you don’t have the knowledge or equipment.
10. Also, not hiring a professional can result in worse problems with your home’s Plumbing system that will cost more to fix later on, and might take even longer than if they were fixed right away.
11. Not hiring a professional can easily result in a lawsuit if something goes wrong with your Plumbing system.
Hiring a professional usually costs less than fixing the problems all by yourself, especially when you take into consideration the cost of any damages or injuries that could have been avoided by using a pro.
How To Detect If Your Plumbing System Needs To Repair Or Replace
Imagine that you are in your house, brushing your teeth. It is the middle of winter and it has just started to snow. You step outside, just for a few minutes to get some fresh air while walking your dog. You go back inside, after walking for less than 15 minutes, only to find out that you have burst pipes which resulted in a flooded bathroom and kitchen. You know that it will take weeks to months for your house to return to normal, maybe even longer if the damage has been severe enough.
Replacing your Plumbing system with a new one is better than just repairing it, why? Because you can stop wasting money with the repairs and perhaps start saving for something bigger like let’s say winter time which brings cold and frozen pipes to everyone who doesn’t have homes that are properly protected from such issues. This way you start saving money on something important and avoid wasting time and money with small repairs.